The Systems Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
Looking for a Senior Systems Engineer, self-motivated, innovative, with excellent technical hands-on experience in enterprise/IT systems engineering, who will be part of an Engineering Team that will be leading engineering and modernization efforts for a large enterprise, multi-tenant environment covering various technologies and initiatives including VDI, Wireless, Network, Computer, Systems, Software, Applications and more. The engineering team will touch critical engineering projects from an expert perspective that are on-going in the Gov't Agency Engineering Division, and will at times interface with senior government officials that are GS-15, SES and above. The role of Senior Systems Engineer will be focused on providing hands-on technical systems engineering in one or more of the following: servers (virtualized/physical), database, AD, desktop/WIN10,and may also provide technical expertise to less senior engineers supporting projects, and may support special projects or ASI's. This role will include hands-on engineering in our Enterprise IT environment.
Provide expert advice and counsel to assigned functional/user area managers and project teams for complex systems, often crossing functional lines. Designs major computer systems. Coordinates work on subsystems. Oversees the integration of new applications with established systems and files. Confers with assigned systems users and evaluates utilization to identify requirements modifications which will facilitate integration, increase efficiency and/or reduce costs; investigates new procedures, equipment and operating systems to determine their usefulness and applicability to operations. Assists systems management in developing systems analysis standards and provides consultative direction to applications programmers, systems software engineers, computer center operations and user personnel in the planning and scheduling of systems projects which cross functional lines.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.Secret ClearanceSecurity + Certification
2012 Jobs With Security Clearance | Customer Service: (877)414-4971 Hours: M-F 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM EST | Terms & Conditions